What is Truth? : Turns out that facts aren't important as the truth
Pilate asked Jesus a question that never got answered: "What is truth?" In this episode, Steve & Nathan discuss the kinds of truth, if it's relative, if it's meaningful, and how all of this fits in to our faith. Don't worry -- ALL of your questions will most definitely be answered in this episode. WARNING: This one is pretty heavy on philosophy, so you might not want to listen while you're driving.
- Hannah got a leopard gecko
- Kristi hates snakes (not Garden-of-Eden-related)
- Next episode is our book club reading “Love Matters More” by Jared Byas
- “What is truth?” - John 18:28-38
- Book: “Faith After Doubt” by Brian McLaren
- Knowledge vs. confidence curve
- Book: “Sacred Earth, Sacred Soul” by John Philip Newell
- TikTok video by user @fatalprosellc
- Bhagavad Gita
- Book: “Do I Stay Christian?” By Brian McLaren
- “The truth shall set you free.” - John 8:32
- Tone indicators
- “I’m a Mac, I’m a PC” commercials
- John Hodgman
- Book: “The Areas of My Expertise” by John Hodgman
- Film: “Twelve Years A Slave”
- Nathan needs bees!
- He also has no honey
- Get a Daniel Wheat T-shirt!
- Listen to Daniel Wheat’s new album, “The In Between” on Spotify
Our theme music is by Daniel Wheat!Support Following the Fire